Hosting an au pair is live-in childcare that makes financial sense, especially for families who have multiple children. Au Pair USA is a nonprofit organization and we strive to keep our program fees low and our customer service extraordinarily high.
Apply for free and let our expert Placement Specialists help you match with one of our carefully screened au pairs. You don’t pay until you confirm a match with the au pair of your choice.
What You Pay to Au Pair USA
|Application Fee||$0||No fee to apply|
|Match Processing Fee||$300||Due upon matching|
|Program Fee||$9,190||$500 Down payment due upon matching|
$8,690 Balance due when your au pair arrives or according to our payment plan
|Domestic Airfare Fee||$0||No fee|
What You Pay to Your Au Pair
|Au Pair Stipend*||At least $195.75|
|Each week, on a day that you and your au pair agree upon|
|Education Stipend||Up to $500|
|When your au pair enrolls in educational courses at an accredited post-secondary institution|
* Massachusetts Families: Contact Au Pair USA at 1-800-287-2477 for information about requirements for employing an au pair in Massachusetts due to a recent court ruling.
Au pairs must receive a weekly stipend from the host family that is at least $195.75 per week. The weekly au pair stipend is a minimum payment requirement and host families and au pairs are free to agree to compensation higher than this legally applicable minimum.
Take advantage of our easy payment plan option and spread your Program Fee Balance over six consecutive months. The first payment is due the day of your au pair’s arrival. This option requires a one-time financing fee of $350 due at the time of match.
Match Processing Fee
The Match Processing Fee covers the costs associated with processing a match including host family criminal background checks, employment verifications, SEVIS fees, an in-home interview and arrival meeting, and delivery of pre-arrival documents to the pair.
Domestic Arrival Airport
Au Pair USA's Program Fee includes transportation from the au pair's home country to the arrival airport of your choice.
In-Country Program Fees
If you match with an au pair who is already in the U.S., the Standard Program Fee will be prorated based on the number of weeks that are left in the au pair’s program term. A down payment of $500 + $300 Match Processing Fee is due upon requesting the match, and the balance is due in full upon arrival of the au pair to your home. Check with us if a payment plan option is available for the in-country au pair you choose.
What's Included in Your Program
The program includes the following services:
- 12-Month au pair placement
- J-1 au pair visa sponsorship
- Au pair’s international travel
- Au pair accident and sickness insurance
- Local Coordinator and Regional Supervisor support
- In-home interview and arrival orientation
- Monthly au pair events
- Annual Host Family Day event
- 24-Hour emergency support
- Comprehensive Au Pair Online Academy Training
Other Costs to Consider
- Auto insurance for au pair if they drive your car
- Travel costs to facilitate attendance at education classes and au pair gatherings
- Expenses associated with room and board for your au pair
- Optional incidentals such as cell phones