Extend with your Au Pair
Can’t imagine life without your current au pair? If you and your au pair want to keep a good thing going, you can extend together for up to another year! The U.S. Department of State permits au pairs to request a one-time program extension of an additional 6, 9 or 12 months. Here’s how it works:
Requesting an Extension
- You and your au pair can apply for a one-time program extension using your Passport accounts.
- Your au pair must submit the extension request no later than 45 days before their original program end date.
- Your au pair must submit proof of having completed the required education credits when they request an extension.
During the Extension Term
- You’ll continue to pay your au pair a weekly stipend of at least $195.75.
- Your au pair is entitled to earn paid vacation.
- Your au pair is entitled to receive an additional education stipend and complete additional classes as required.
- Your au pair’s 30 day travel period will be deferred to the end of the extension period.
- Your au pair’s insurance will continue at the same level (Standard or Premium) for the extension period.
The chart below outlines the costs associated with extending with your current au pair. The Program and Department of State SEVIS fees are due 30 days prior to the extension start. Host Families are eligible for extension pricing if they are extending with their current au pair and will have hosted the au pair for at least 12 weeks at the time the extension begins. Education stipend and paid vacation are paid directly to your au pair. Au Pair USA does not offer discounts on extension program fees.
What You Pay to Au Pair USA
What You Pay to Your Au Pair
|6 months||Up to $250|
|9 months||Up to $500|
|12 months||Up to $500|
For extensions starting in 2024 and beyond, InterExchange requires that host families pay their au pairs a minimum stipend of $225.00 per week. Host families and au pairs are free to agree on compensation higher than what is required by InterExchange. However, the Host Family and Au Pair cannot agree to provide additional pay in return for work above the 45-hour limit per week or 10-hour limit per day.
Take advantage of our easy payment plan option and spread your Extension Program Fees out as follows:
6 Month Extension
Three monthly payments starting 30 days prior to the beginning of the au pair’s extension period. This option requires a one-time financing fee of $250 due at the time of match.
9 and 12 Month Extensions
Six monthly payments starting 30 days prior to the beginning of the au pair’s extension period. This option requires a one-time financing fee of $350 due at the time of match.